STMicro has just announced a new low cost NFC evaluation board called CLOUD-ST25TA used to evaluate their ST25TA02K NFC Forum Type 4 tag chip part of their ST25TA series, previously known as SRTAG.
CLOUD-ST25TA board specifications:
- SoC – ST25TA02K-P NFC/RFID Tag in UFDFPN5 ECOPACK 2 package
- Contactless interface
- NFC Forum Type 4 Tag
- ISO/IEC 14443 Type A
- 106 kbps data rate
- Internal 50 pF tuning capacitance allowing small inductive antenna design
- 256 Byte (2 Kbit) EEPROM with NDEF data support
- 200 years data retention
- 1 million erase-write cycles endurance
- 128 bit password data protection
- 20 bit event counter for read or write access with anti-tearing feature
- Digital pad
- Configurable general purpose output (GPO) indicating, for example, RF field detection
The board features look somewhat similar to NFC tags sold for 50 cents online, but it does come with more memory (256 bytes vs 144 bytes), has a longer claimed retention period (200 years vs 10 years), supports password protected, adds GPO output to interface with external hardware, and STMicro provides hardware design files, documentation, and Android app source code directly on the product page.
You can purchase the board for $4.9 directly from STMicro directly via the product page, or search for CLOUDST25TA02K-P order code to buy from distributors such as Digikey.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|