Haoyu Electronics brought us several Allwinner and Rockchip Marsboard in the past few years, and now they’ve released a version based on Texas Instruments AM335x processor, with a form factor and features similar to the Beaglebone Black, but comprised of a baseboard and system-on-module.
- CM-AM335x System-on-module:
- SoC – Texas Instrument AM335x (AM3358) ARM Cortex A8 processor @ 1Ghz with SGX530 3D GPU
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – 4GB eMMC Flash
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet PHY (LAN8710A)
- SoM Connectors – two 50×2 pin headers, 1.27mm pitch
- Misc – Power Indicator LED
- Power Management Unit – TPS65910
- SIM-AM335X Baseboard
- Video Output – HDMI type A socket (via TDA19988 LCD to HDMI converter)
- Storage – mircro SD slot (bottom of the board)
- Connectivity – RJ45 connector for Fast Ethernet
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 Host port, 1x micro USB port
- Debugging – 14-pin JTAG interface (not soldered), micro USB debug port
- Expansion headers
- Two 50×2 pin headers for CPU module
- 2.0mm pitch expansion headers
- Misc – User & power LEDs, reset button, boot selection, CR1220 RTC Battery Holder
- Power Supply – 5V/1A
- Dimensions – N/A
Angstrom LXDE Desktop and Debian Wheezy 7.5 LXDE Desktop images for eMMC and SD card, as well as source code, and schematics (PDF only) are available on Marsboard CM335x download page.
The company is not trying to compete on price with the $55 Beaglebone Black, as Marsboard AM335x sells for $74.90, while the CM-AM335x system-on-module goes for $59.90 with shipping free for orders over $100. So it’s probably mostly interesting to people who require a system-on-module for their project. You may be able to find more information on Marsboard AM335x product page, and various other pages on Marsboard website.
Thanks to Freire for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|