Earlier this year I reviewed Xiaomi Mi Box Mini, and so far this year it’s one of my most popular blog posts despite being basically usable for non Chinese speakers, and lacking a USB port. A Chinese company decided it might be a good idea to design an Android mini PC lookalike, but powered by Amlogic S805, while also adding a much needed USB port.
- SoC – Amlogic S805 quad core ARM Cortex A5 @ 1.5GHz with quad core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1 GB RAM
- Storage – 8 GB NAND flash
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (Realtek RTL8723) , and Bluetooth
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port
- Power Supply – Integrated into device. Probably 100-240V input (TBC)
- Dimensions – TBD (Specs listed as 208 x 83.05 x 22 mm, but clearly wrong)
- Weight – N/A
The company (Sunchip?) did not only copied the box design, but also the HDMI cable and remote control style.
The device runs Android 4.4, and the user interface looks similar to the one in other Amlogic S805 based TV boxes such as MXQ-S85, and available in English and other languages.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|