MYIR has recently introduced MYD-AM335X development boards and MYC-AM335X CPU modules powered by Texas Instruments Sitara AM335x ARM Cortex A8 SoCs, (AM3352, AM3354, AM3356, AM3357, AM3358, and AM3359) that come with 512 MB RAM, 512 MB Flash, and a Gigabit Ethernet PHY. The boards and modules target home automation, industrial automation, enterprise/educational tablets, portable navigation devices and networking applications.
- SoC – Texas Instruments AM3352, AM3354, AM3356, AM3357, AM3358, AM3359 ARM Cortex-A8 up to 1GHz with SGX530 GPU (AM3354/AM3358/AM3359 only)
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – 512MB NAND Flash
- Connectivity – On-board Gigabit Ethernet PHY
- 2x 2.0mm pitch 60-pin expansion connectors to connect the SoM to a baseboard with the following signals: 2x USB2.0 OTG ports, 6x Serial ports, 2x I2C, 1x SPI, 7x ADC, 2x PWM, 3x SDIO
- 1x 2.0mm pitch 26-pin expansion interface
- 1x 2.54mm pitch 10-pin expansion interface
- Misc – 1x power indicator (Red LED), 1x user LED (Green)
- Power supply – +3.3V/0.8A
- Dimensions – 70×50 mm (6 layer PCB)
- Operating Temperature Range – 0~70 Celsius (commercial grade) or -40~85 Celsius (industrial grade)
The company provides Linux 3.1.0, Android 2.3.4 and Windows Embedded CE 7 BSPs for these modules.
MYIR also provides a baseboard, which when used with their MYC-AM335x CoMs is called MYD-AM335x.
MYD-AM335X development boards comes with the following ports and headers:
- Serial ports – 1x 3-wire RS232 Debug serial port (DB9), 1x 3-wire RS232 serial port (UART1), 1x RS485 (with isolation)
- CAN – 1x CAN interface with isolation
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 Host ports, 1x USB 2.0 OTG port
- Connectivity – 2x 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet interfaces
- Storage – 1x TF card slot
- Video Output – 1x HDMI interface, 1x LCD interface (16-bit true color, supports optional 4.3-inch and 7-inch TFT LCD), 1x 4-wire resistive touch screen interface
- Audio I/Os – 1x Audio input port (3.5mm jack), 1x Stereo Audio output port (3.5mm jack),
- Expansion headers – 2 x 2.0mm 20-pin expansion connectors with 7x ADC, 1x SPI, 2x I2C, 4x UART
- Misc – 1x reset button, 3x user buttons, 1x power indicator (Red LED)
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 130 mm x 100mm (4 layer PCB)
The board is sold as part of MYD-AM335X development kit that also includes an Ethernet cable, a USB cable, a 5V power adapter, and a product DVD. Optional 4.3″ or 7″ LCD/TSP are also available.
The development kits and CPU modules are available now starting at $68 per unit for the CoM and $139 for the development board per 1k order. You can visit MYIR’s MYC-AM335X CPU module page for more information about the CoMs and development boards.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.