Many ARM based “insert-fruit-name-here” Pi boards are available on the market, and they all look like the Raspberry Pi board to some extends, but thanks Emutex we’ll soon get the “UP board” powered by Intel Atom x5-Z8300 and in Raspberry Pi form factor including the ubiquitous 40-pin Raspberry Pi headers, DSI and CSI connectors, and mostly the same port placements, with some extra goodies like a USB 3.0 port and Gigabit Ethernet.
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8300 “Cherry Trail” quad core processor @ 1.44 GHz (Burst frequency: 1.84 GHz) with Intel Gen8 HD graphics @ 500 MHz
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3L-1600
- Storage – 16 or 32 GB eMMC
- Video Output / Display – HDMI, DSI connector
- Audio I/O – HDMI
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 2.0 pin header, 1x micro USB 3.0 port (under the board)
- Camera – CSI connector for 4MP camera
- Expansion – 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible header with GPIOs, I2C, SPI, UART. etc…
- Misc – Power button, RTC
- Power Supply – 5V via power barrel
- Dimensions – 85.60 x 56.50 mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0 to 60 C
- Certifications – FCC, CE, RoHS
The board will be compatible with Microsoft Windows 10, Linux distributions including Ubilinux, and Android.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.