After last week formal launch of Texas Instruments Sitara AM572x processor, and Beagleboard-X15 development board, Compulab has now introduced CL-SOM-AM57x System-on-Module based on TI Sitara AM5718 or AM5728 SoC, as well as the corresponding SBC-AM57x single board computer. Both target industrial automation and control systems, and network connectivity options also make them suitable for networking, communications and IoT applications.
CL-SOM-AM57X module specifications:
- SoC – Texas Instruments Sitara AM5728 or AM5718 SoC with:
- Dual (AM5728) or single (AM5718) Cortex A15 processor @ up to 1.5 GHz
- Dual core PowerVR SGX544 3D GPU, Vivante GC320 2D GPU
- Two Cortex M4 cores @ 212 MHz
- Dual TMS320C66x DSP @ 700 MHz
- Video IVA-HD 1080p video sub-system
- Four 32-bit PRUs (Programmable Real-time Units)
- System Memory – 512MB to 4GB DDR3
- Storage – 4 to 32GB on-board eMMC, 512MB to 1GB on-board SLC NAND
- Connectivity – On-board WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.1 BLE (TI WiLink 8), 2x Gigabit Ethernet PHY
- Audio – WM8731 audio codec with stereo line-out, line-in, mic
- Connector – 204-pin SO-DIMM edge connector with
- Video / Display IF:
- 24-bit parallel RGB up to 1920 x 1200
- HDMI 1.4a up to 1920 x 1200
- LVDS up to 1920 x 1080
- 4-wire resistive touch-screen controller
- 2x PCIe x1 Gen. 2
- 1x SATA-II, 3Gbps
- 1x USB 3.0 dual-role + up to 3x USB2.0 host ports
- Up to 9 UART ports
- Up to 3 MMC/SD/SDIO interfaces
- Up to 2x I2C, 4x SPI, 2x CAN, 87x GPIO, etc…
- PRU signaling – 28x EGPI, 32x EGPO, 1x industrial Ethernet, 1x MII, 2x capture interface (eCAP), etc…
- Video / Display IF:
- Misc – RTC
- Power – 4.2V to 5V (TOS659037 PMIC)
- Dimensions 60 x 68 x 5 mm
- Temperature Range (Operational) – Commercial: 0° to 70° C; Extended: -20° to 70° C; Industrial: -40° to 85° C
The company has not publicly released details about software and documentation yet, but they did mention that “CL-SOM-AM57x is provided with comprehensive documentation and ready-to-run SW packages for the Linux operating system”.
You can combine CL-SOM-AM57x SoM with SB-SOM-AM57x carrier-board for development, or to use SBC-AM57x industrial single-board computer for deployment with the following specifications:
- Extra Storage – mSATA socket / SATA connector, full size SD card slot
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 1.4a, 1x DVI,
- Display I/F – 1x LVDS (100-mil header), 1x Parallel RGB interface and resistive touch-screen interface (FPC connector) supporting Startec KD050C 5″ 480×800 TFT LCD panel
- Audio – 3.5mm jack for analog stereo output, line-in, microphone
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet connector (RJ45) + WiFi/BT on SoM
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB 3.0 OTG port
- Expansion Slots – 2x mini-PCIe socket, full-size,
- Expansions Headers – 100-mil headers for LVDS, Ethernet, GPIOs, CAN, I2C, SPI, USB, etc..
- Supply voltage – Unregulated 8V to 15V DC jack
- Dimensions – 160 x 136 x 22 mm
A complete development kit include both the modules and baseboard, as well as the WiFi antenna and cable, a serial port cable, an HDMI to DVI cable, a USB cable and adapter, an LCD panel together with adapters & cables for generic LCD panel interface, and a 12V power supply.
CL-SOM-AM57x will be available in December 2015 starting at $96 in low quantities for SOM-AM57x-C1500-D05-U2 with minimal specifications including AM5718 and 512MB RAM, and without on-board storage, wireless module, LVDS transmitter, etc… The carrier board will be $81 per unit for 1K orders. More information – including pricing details – is available on CL-SOM-AM57x and SBC-AM57x product pages.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.