Compulab has launched a CL-SOM-iMX6UL system-on-module based on Freescale i.MX 6UltraLite ARM Cortex A7 processor with up to 1GB DDR3 and 32GB eMMC flash. The module can be coupled with SB-SOM-iMX6UL carrier board to form SBC-iMX6UL single board computer targeting industrial and embedded applications.
- SoC – Freescale i.MX6 UltraLite Cortex-A7 processor @ 528MHz
- System Memory – Up to 1GB DDR3
- Storage – Up to 32GB on-board eMMC, Up to 1GB on-board SLC NAND, SPI flash, I2C EEPROM
- Connectivity – Dual-band, dual-antenna 2×2 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 BLE (Ti WiLink 8), 10/100M Ethernet PHY (with optional bypass)
- Audio – WM8731 audio codec with stereo line-out, line-in, mic, S/PDIF input/output
- Other I/Os via 204-pin SODIMM edge connector
- Parallel 24-bit display interface up to 1366 x 768
- Touchscreen 4/5/8-wire resistive touch-screen support
- Capacitive touch-screen support through SPI interface
- USB – 1x USB2.0 OTG + 4x USB2.0 host ports
- Up to 8x UART ports
- Up to 1x MMC/SD/SDIO interface
- Up to 3x I2C, 3x SPI, 2x CAN, 78x GPIO
- Up to 10x general-purpose ADC inputs
- Misc – RTC
- Power Supply – 3.2V to 5V / Li-Ion battery
- Dimensions 36 x 68 x 5 mm
- Temperature Range – -40 to 85°C
Sadly, Compulab did not provide much information about software support, just pointing out that “CL-SOM-iMX6UL is provided with comprehensive documentation and full ready-to-run SW packages for the Linux operating system”.
The carrier board is customizable depending on your requirements, and has the following specifications (full options):
- Display – LCD panel and LVDS interfaces, and DVI connector up tp 1366×768
- Network – 10/100M Ethertnet (RJ45), single or dual band WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1
- Audio – 3.5mm jack for stereo output, line-in, microphone;
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 OTG micro-USB connector, 2x USB2.0 hosts, and up to 3x USB2.0 host via a 100-mil header.
- Storage – full-size SD socket (precludes WiFi/BT module)
- Serial Interfaces – 1x serial debug port (micro USB) or 1x serial debug port via RS232 transceiver, and Up-to 2x UART, 3.3V levels, 100-mil header
- Other I/Os – SPI, I2C, GPIO and ADC via 100-mil header
- Misc – Real time clock operated from on-board coin-cell battery
- Power Supply – Unregulated 8V to 15V
- Dimensions – 160 x 136 x 22 mm
- Temperature Range – Commercial: 0° to 70° C; Extended: -20° to 70° C; Industrial: -40° to 85° C.
Compulab CL-SOM-iMX6UL system-on-module will be available in November 2015 starting at $29 in 1K orders, while SB-SOM-iMX6UL carrier board will start at $81 for the commercial temperature range version. You can find more details, including pricing for various options and quantities, on Compulab’s CL-SOM-iMX6UL and SBC-iMX6UL product pages.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|