CompuLab has introduced CM-T54 Computer-on-Module (CoM) powered by Texas Instruments OMAP5432 SoC with dual ARM Cortex-A15 CPU @ 1.5GHz coupled with Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX544 GPU. The module also features up to up to 4GB DDR3, up-to 64GB eMMC, and provides Ethernet, SATA, USB 3.0 interfaces among others. Target applications include digital signage, industrial media players and IPTV.
- SoC – Texas Instruments OMAP5432 dual Cortex-A15 @ 1.5GHz with PowerVR SGX544 GPU, 2x Cortex M4 cores, IVA-HD video subsystem and TMS320DM64 32-bit DSP core
- System Memory – 512MB – 4GB DDR3-1066, single / dual-channel 32-bit data bus
- Storage – Up to 64GB eMMC flash, SATA II interface, 3.0 Gbps, Up to 3x MMC/SD/SDIO (3V levels) up to 32GB each.
- Parallel 24-bit display. Up to 1920×1080 @ 60Hz
- HDMI 1.4. Up to 1920×1080 @ 60Hz
- MIPI/DSI (4x lanes) @ 1Gbps
- Optional LVDS. Up to 1920×1080 @ 60Hz
- Support for three independent displays
- Optional TSC2046 touchscreen controller Supports 4-wire resistive panels.
- Up to 2 I2S (McBSP)
- HDMI audio out
- Digital microphone interface for up to 3 stereo mics.
- Optional audio codec with stereo in, out, and microphone
- Optional 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi module (Marvell 88W8787)
- Optional Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed (HS) (also compliant with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR)
- Optional 100Base-T Ethernet (Microchip LAN9730)
- USB – Optional USB 3.0 OTG port, Up to 3x USB 2.0 ports
- Parallel camera up to 16-bit wide, up to 148.5 MP/s
- Up to 3 serial camera ports with MIPI D-PHY v1.0 / SMIA CCP2 compliant PHY receivers up to 1.5 Gbps (750 MHz) per lane.
- Other I/Os:
- 1x RS-232, up to 5x UARTs
- Up to 106 multifunction signals (GPIOs and others)
- Up to 4x I2C ( up to 3.4Mbps)
- Up to 3x SPI (eCSPI)
- HDQ/1-Wire, up to 5Kbps
- Misc – RTC powered by external lithium battery
- Power – 5VDC / Li-Ion battery
- Dimensions – 73 x 68 x 5 mm (Connector – 204-pin SODIMM)
- Operating temperature – Commercial: 0 to 70°C, Extended: -20 to 70°C, Industrial – -40 to 85°C
- Storage temperature – -40 to 85°C
The company provide Linux and Android Jelly Bean SW packages (no details on exact versions), as well as documentation for the module. Development resources are not available online at this time.
The company also offers a baseboard SB-T54 for CM-T54, which combined become SBC-T54 single board computer with the following key features:
- CM-T54 Com with Texas Instruments OMAP5432, Up to 4GB DDR3 and up to 32GB on-board eMMC, Video Processing Unit, 1080p decoding and encoding, Integrated PowerVR SGX544 GPU with OpenGL-ES and OpenCL EP support
- External storage – SATA, SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI, DVI, LVDS, parallel RGB
- Audio – Stereo output, line-in, microphone input, 3.5mm jacks
- Connectivity – Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth,
- USB – 1xUSB 3, 3x USB2
- Debugging – RS232
- Various expansion headers
- Power – 10V to 17V
CM-T54 & SB-T54 evaluation kit is composed of the module and baseboard, as well as an LCD panel, an HDMI to DVI video cable,a serial port cable, a WiFi antenna and cable, and a 12V power supply.
Compulab CM-T54 CoM and SB-T54 baseboard are available now, starting at respectively $93 and $51 per unit for 1k orders. You can find mode information, including exact pricing of different options, on Complab’s CM-T54 and SBC-T54 pages.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|