CompuLab has just announced their CM-QS600 Computer-on-Module (CoM) powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064 quad-core SoC with up to 2GB DDR3 RAM, up 32GB of on-board eMMC, dual-band WiFi 802.11, Bluetooth 4.0, and Gigabit Ethernet network connectivity, as well as PCIe, USB, SATA, HDMI, LVDS, serial ports and I/O lines. CM-QS600 targets multimedia applications such as digital signage, IPTV and media players requiring low power, and a small form factor.
Compulab CM-QS600 specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064 quad core Krait 300 processor @ 1.7GHz with Adreno 320 GPU and Hexagon QDSP6 DSP
- System Memory – Up to 2GB DDR3
- Storage – Up to 32GB on-board eMMC, SATA interface (via connector)
- HDMI 1.4a, up-to 1920 x 1080
- LVDS, up-to 2048 x 1536
- Audio – Audio codec with stereo line-out, line-in, mic
- Camera – MIPI-CSI, up-to 20MP
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Dual-band WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 low-energy
- Other I/Os
- PCI Express Gen 2.0 interface
- Up to 3 USB2.0 high-speed ports
- Up to 5 UART ports, up to 5 I2C interfaces, up to 5 SPI interfaces
- Up to 3 MMC/SD/SDIO interfaces
- GPIO Up to 61 multifunction signals
- Power – 5VDC / Li-Ion battery
- Connector – 204-pin SO-DIMM edge connector
- Dimensions – 65 x 68 x 5 mm
- Temperature range – Commercial: 0° to 70° C; Extended: -20° to 70° C and Industrial: -40° to 85° C.
The company will provide Android and Linux BSPs for the module, and an SB-QS600 evaluation kit with CM-QS600-C1700-D2-N8-E-A-WB-H Module (2GB DRAM, 8GB eMMC, Ethernet, Audio Codec, WiFi+BT), SB-QS600 baseboard, an HDMI to DVI adapter, a serial port cable, a WiFi antenna and cable, and a 12V power supply will also be available for development/evaluation.
CM-QS600 will be available in June 2014 through CompuLab or their distributors, starting at $75 for 1k order for a minimal configuration CM-QS600 CoM with 512MB RAM and no eMMC, nor other options. You can find more information, and pricing details of the different options on Compulab’s CM-QS600 product page.