A few TV boxes based on Amlogic S905 processor are currently up for pre-order such as MXQ Pro and Beelink MINI MX mini PCs with 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, and which are due to ship later this month. Ugoos is also working on their own AM1 TV box and AM2 TV stick based on Amlogic S905 processor, with some better specs, and today released a few more details about Ugoos AM1.
Ugoos AM1 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 (Samsung); 4GB version likely later on
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0
- Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000M Ethernet (Realtek RTL8211F), 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6335 module)
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 12V
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
Two heatsinks cover Amlogic SoC and two RAM chips.
The box runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware, and the company shot a video showing the user interface, which looks the same as recent Android Lollipop Amlogic S812 TV boxes, some of the capabilities of the device, and included a few benchmarks. Although the scores and settings may still evolve before the product is released to market, it’s still interesting to have a look at some of the details:
- Antutu 5.7.1 – 29,353 points
- CPU Frequency (in Antutu) – 100 to 1536 MHz
- Android 5.1.1 and Linux kernel 3.14.29
- Antutu Video Tester 3.0 – 899 points (27 videos fully supported, 3 partially supported, 0 not supported)
- A1SD benchmark (Internal Storage)- Read speed: 109.55 MB/s; Write speed: 56.64 MB/s
Antutu benchmark is more or less expected, but it’s disappointed the frequency has been limited to 1.5 GHz, instead of 2.0GHz advertised for most devices. Antutu Video Tester score is very good, but still a little lower than on Amlogic S812, and A1SD score is excellent, one of the fastest internal storage I’ve seen on TV boxes, so I’d expect sub 20 seconds boot times.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|