We’ve already have two 96Boards compliant boards formally announced with HiSilicon Hikey and Qualcomm Dragonboard 410c, and Actions Semiconductor was also expected to release theirs soon. Albeit it’s not been officially announced yet, the company has been showcasing their Bubblegum-96 board at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair 2015.
- SoC – Actions Semi S900 quad core Cortex A53 with PowerVR G6230 GPU
- System Memory – 1 to 8GB LPDDR2 / LPDDR3(800MHz) / DDR3 or DDR3L
- Storage – 4 to 64 GB eMMC 4.5 flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 with HDCP up to 4K, MHL 2.1 up to 4K
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x micro USB 2.0 port
- 40-pin LS (Low Speed) Expansion connector – UART, I2C, 12x GPIOs, SPI, PCM, 1.8V, +5V, GND…
- 64-pin HS (High Speed) Expansion connector – DSI, CSI, SDIO, USB 2.0, I2C, etc…
- Misc – On/off button
- Power Supply – ATC2609 PMIC; Should be 8-18V / 2A input as per 96Boards specs
but I can’t see any power barrels.
- Dimensions – 85 x 54 mm (96Boards compliant)
The board can run Android 5.0 or Ubuntu based on Linaro codebase. They did not provide the exact RAM and storage capacity, but since the board needs to be low cost, I’d use they’ll go with 1GB RAM, and 4GB internal storage, just like the Hikey board. There will also be another board called Actduino S900 powered by the same processor, running the same images, but not compliant with 96Boards specifications, and adding an Ethernet port, an LCD connector and so on.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|