While there are plenty of mini PCs based on Intel Atom x5-Z8300 Cherry Trail processor on the market, it’s much more difficult to find more powerful Intel Atom x7 mini PCs, and the only option that I’m aware of is MagicStick Wave TV stick, but while the project was very successful in raising money on Kickstarter, they have not exactly delivered on their December 2015 shipping deadline, and instead shipping has been postpone to March 2016 for now. Luckily, there will be soon another option with Zotac ZBOX Pico T4 coupled with 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, USB 3.0, 802.11ac WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet, and more.
- SoC – Intel Atom x7-Z8700 “Cherry Trail” quad core processor @ 1.60 GHz/2.40 GHz (turbo) with Intel Gen8 HD graphics @ 600MHz with 16EU.
- System Memory – 2 GB RAM
- Storage – 32 GB storage + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI and DisplayPort
- Audio I/O – HDMI, DisplayPort, 3.5mm headset jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 type C port
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
The device will come pre-loaded with Windows 10 Home.
While it’s disappointing that a system with a more powerful only comes with 2GB RAM, and 32GB internal storage, it does features a DisplayPort, three USB 3.0 ports – including one of the new reversible type C port – as well as fast networking with Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11ac WiFi that are seldom seem on other Cherry Trail mini PCs.
Availability and pricing have not been disclosed, and I could not find a product page on Zotac website either. They’ve also launched ZBOX Pico T3 based on Atom x5-Z8300 processor with more details available on Liliputing.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.