Bluboo Xwatch is a smartwatch based on Mediatek MT2601 SoC that runs Android Wear. So far, we only knew the factory price would be around $80, but the watch has now showed up on several website such as GearBest and GeekBuying and is pre-selling for as low as $99.99 according to Bluboo, which would likely make it the cheapest Android Wear watch on the market today.
- SoC – Mediatek MT2601 dual core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.2GHz with ARM Mali-400 MP GPU
- System Memory – 512MB RAM
- Storage – 4GB flash
- Display – 1.3″ round muti-touch display with 360×360 resolution
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Sensors – Gyroscope, barometer, heart rate monitor, altimeter, compass
- Battery – 400 to 480mAh polymer battery (80 hours standby time)
- Dimensions – 5.4 x 4.5 x 1.3 cm (Geekbuying thickness, Bluboo still claims 9.8 mm thickness)
- Weight – 60 grams
- IP Rating – IP67
The company also provided some pictures with the actual sample, and expect to launch the watch in February 2016.
Exact pricing is sort of mystery, while the company claims a $99.99 retail price, GearBest used to show a $99.00 price tag with free shipping, but is now only showing an arrival notice without price, while GeekBuying has listed the watch for $129.99 including shipping, and delivery scheduled for January 15, 2016. That date is clearly wrong, as even Bluboo don’t expect to launch the device before February.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.