Axiomtek PICO842 is a fanless Pico-ITX motherboard that features Intel Celeron J1900 quad core processor or Celeron N2807 dual core processor with up to 8GB DDR3L, and aimed at IoT & medical applications, automation, and embedded systems with wide temperature range requirements.
Axiomtek PICO842 specifications:
- Intel Celeron J1900 quad core processor up to 2.42 GHz OR
- Intel Celeron N2807 dual core processor up to 2.16 GHz
- System Memory – 1x DDR3L-1066/1333 SO-DIMM up to 8GB for J1900, and 4GB for N2807
- Storage – 1x SATA-300, 1x mSATA
- Video Output – 1x 18/24-bit single/dual channel LVDS, and 1x HDMI or 1x VGA
Audio – HD Codec audio (Realtek ALC662); MIC-in/Line-out
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (Intel i211AT)
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host port
- Serial – 2x COM ports supporting RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485.
- Expansion – mini PCI Express (shared with mSATA support)
- Power Supply – 12V DC power jack.
- Battery – Lithium 3V/220mAH (where?)
- Misc – CPU/system temperature and voltage monitoring, SMBus,
- Dimensions – 10 x 7.2 cm (Pico-ITX form facto)
- Operating Temperature Range – -20°C to +70°C
The processor and video output options means there are four SKUs: PICO842VGA-J1900 with J1900 and VGA, PICO842VGA-N2807 with N2807 and VGA, PICO842HGA-J1900 with J1900 and HDMI, and PICO842HGA-N2807 with N2807 and HDMI. The board is more flexible than many other Bay Trail platform as the RAM and storage are not soldered to the board, and instead you’ll need to install a SO-DIMM memory module, and an mSATA or SATA drive for storage. The company claims the platform “runs well Windows 7 and 8.1 operating systems”, but I don’t see why Linux distributions would not run as well as on these Bay Trail-D processors.
Axiometek PICO842 will be available around the beginning of December 2015, but pricing as not been announced yet. More details may be found on Axiomtek PICO842 product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|