Izitron, a start-up based in the South of France, has designed a board with temperature, pressure, humidity and light sensors and a XBee header to provide a way to monitoring environmental variables for weather monitoring, agriculture, industrial applications, and more.
- Temperature – Microchip MCP9700-E/T0; accuracy: ±4°C Accuracy from 0°C to +70°C | -4°C/+6°C Accuracy from -40°C to +150°C; temperature range: -40 to 125 °C
- Pressure – Infineon KP236N6165; accuracy: 2%; pressure range: 60 kPa to 165 kPa; temperature range: -40 to 125 °C
- Humidity – Honeywell HIH-5030-001; accuracy: ±3% RH; range: 0 to 100% RH; temperature range: -40 to 85 °C
- Light – AMS TSL14S-LF; reponsivity: 16 mV/ (uW/cm2); temperature range: 0 to 70 °C
- Header for XBee RF module
- Power Supply
- 5V via micro USB
- 5 to 12V via Wago terminal block
- 2x batteries
- No power management chip
- Power on/off button
- Power consumption – Up to 4 years battery life (2x 3.5V/2.4A) when transmitting once per minute
- Dimensions – 61 x 33 mm
Beside one or more I-SEN1 boards, you’ll also need an XBee RF module for each board, and a XBee USB adapter and an extra XBee RF module to connect to your computer or gateway board. Software setup is using Digi’s XCTU application for Windows, MacOS or Linux, as well as three XML files for configuration: one for the gateway, and either “battery” or “cable” XML files for the boards since on battery mode the boards will communicate directly with the gateway (star topology), and use mesh networking in case the boards are powered via their terminal block. You’ll also need to create your own app using XBee API, and the Java based an open source sample, demoed in the video below, will be provided to backers.
The company aims to raise at least 24,600 Euros via Kickstarter in order to go ahead with manufacturing. You can pledge 22 Euros ($24.50) for one Izitron I-SEN1 board (Early Bird) rewards, and after 500 boards the price goes up to 31 Euros ($34.60 Euros). They also offer different packs with several boards, up to 10 boards for 285 Euros. As previously mentioned XBee RF boards are not included, so you’d need to purchase them separately. Shipping varies from 5 to 15 Euros, and delivery is scheduled for August 2015.