CubieTruck is one of the development boards made by CubieTech. It is powered by AllWinner A20 with 2GB RAM, Gb Eternet, various ports, and supports Android and multiple Linux distributions. Waveshare Electronics has just launched DVK570 daughter board for the CubieTruck which adds support for TV in and out, a buzzer, and headers to connect modules such as GPS, RS485, an SPI flash, a Zigbee module, a magnetometer, or a temperature sensor.
Hardware features of DVK570 daughter board:
- CubieTruck Headers – 1x 30-pin header and 1x 24-pin header for connection with the CubieTruck
- Video – TVIN in, and TV Out interfaces (CVBS)
- Audio – 3.5mm Line IN interface
- Debugging – UART interface, micro USB port with USB to UART chip (Profilic PL2303)
- Expansions for add-on modules:
- 1x 4-pin I2C interface to connect I2C modules such as PCF8563 RTC Module, MAG3110 Board, and more
- 2x 6-pin UART interfaces (UART4 and 7) for RS485 and GPS modules.
- 1x SPI interface (SPI2) for SPI module (AT45DBXX Dataflash)
- 16-pin and 10-pin connector for Core2530 Zigbee module (Not connected on picture above)
- 3-pin ONE-WIRE interface to connect a temperature sensor (DS18B20), an electronic registration number (DS2401), and more
- Misc – Buzzer, 4x user LEDs, Power LEDs, 7 keys (for Android), various jumpers to enable/disable options.
- Power – 5V/3.3 V power input/output
CubieTech and Waveshare provide documentation, schematics (PDF), tools, source code, and bootable images (Android, Debian, and Lubuntu) for the CubieTruck and DVK570 module via Cubieboard.org FTP or DVK570 product page, where you can buy the daughter board for $27.99, and a bit less in quantities. Add-ons are available on the company’s “accessory boards” page with prices ranging from $3.99 for an RS485 board to $21.99 for the GPS board.
It’s actually not the first time I feature Waveshare Electronics here, as I wrote about their Raspberry Pi kit previously, and they have daughter board and accessories for several other boards too including the BeagleBone Black, and Cubieboard2.