I’ve noticed Hackster hardware community has helped organizing several challenges for makers, and the most two recent one are sponsored by Imagination Technologies with their Creator CI20 MIPS board, and SeeedStudio and Beagleboard.org with BeagleBone Green board.
“Terminate the competition with Creator Ci20!”
That’s the title for Imagination Technologies contest, who basically wants you to create our robot overloads using their MIPS board, or at least design a Terminator inspired robot or hack using the board.
You’ll need to submit your idea by March 4, 2016, and the company will give 50 Creator Ci20 to the best 50 ideas, aftwer which you have until April 29, 2016 to complete your project, and write about it on Hackster with photos, code and schematics. Three winners will be selected by May 6, 2016 to get one of the three prizes:
- 1st place (worth $400) – A bag of Imagination-powered goodies, including a Meizu MX5 smartphone, the upcoming Creator Ci40 development board, and other accessories and add-on boards from MikroEletronika
- 2nd place (worth $200) – A Securifi Almond router and a Creator Ci40 board
- 3rd place (worth $150) – A chipKIT Wi-FIRE development board and a Creator Ci40 board
BeagleBone Green (BBG) Contest
There’s no particular theme for this contest, and the organizers simply ask you to submit any idea using BBG by February 22, 2016, where 20 contestants will win a BBG board each, and 100 more get a 20% discount coupon valid on SeeedStudio. Winners of the pre-contest will be announced on February 27. You’ll then have until March 31 to submit your complete project with hardware design files, source code, and pictures, and 3 winners will be selected by April 2. The three prizes will take you to Shenzhen Maker Faire:
- 1st place – Paid Trip to Maker Faire Shenzhen 2016 ($3,000) + $900 SeeedStudio Store coupon + Designed for Manufacturing Review
- 2nd place – Paid Trip to Maker Faire Shenzhen 2016 ($3,000) + $400 SeeedStudio Store coupon + Designed for Manufacturing Review
- 3rd place – Paid Trip to Maker Faire Shenzhen ($3,000) + $200 SeeedStudio Store coupon + Designed for Manufacturing Review
I could not find the exact dates for Shenzhen Maker Faire 2016, but last year it took place on June 19 to 21. [Update: I’ve been told it will take place mid-October this year, with exact date to be decided]
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
Hackaday and Adafruit PI Zero contest:
” after which you have until April 29, 2016 ”
That sounds unrealistic. I have an interesting project in mind but no way I can complete it in one month… In one month you can strap the board onto something, adapt some existing software a bit and that’s it.
Not to mention some of us have a day job too so ….
Shenzhen Maker Faire will take place mid-October this year.