BeagleBone Black is a great little board for hobbyists with plenty of I/Os, and decent software support, but the development board has not been designed to be used in low or high temperatures as found in some industrial settings, so Element14 has designed BeagleBone Black Industrial 4G with the same specifications as BeagleBone Black Rev C, but a red PCB, support for an extended temperature range between -20 and +85°C, and additional board protection with a conformal coating.
BeagleBone Black Industrial 4G Specifications:
- SoC – Texas Instruments Sitara AM3358BZCZA10 Cortex A8 @ 1 GHz + PowerVR SGX530 GPU
- System Memory – 512 MB DDR3L @ 800 MHz
- Storage – 4GB eMMC + micro SD slot
- Video Out/Display I/F – HDMI and LCD interfaces
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet (RJ45)
- Serial Port – UART0 access via 6 pin 3.3V TTL Header. Header is populated
- USB – USB 2.0 Client port: Access to USB0, Client mode via miniUSB; USB 2.0 Host port: Access to USB1, Type A Socket, 500mA LS/FS/HS
- Debugging – Serial header, optional on-board 20-pin CTI JTAG
- Expansion Headers – LCD, UART, eMMC, ADC, I2C, SPI, PWM
- Misc – Boot Button, Power Button, LED power indicator, 4 user configurable LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V via miniUSB USB, DC Jack, or external via expansion heade; rTPS65217C PMIC is used along with a separate LDO to provide power to the system
- Dimensions – 8.64 x 5.34 cm
- Temperature Range – -20°C to 85°C
The board ships with a miniUSB to USB Type A Cable, and a Quick Start Guide. It is fully software compatible with BeagleBone Black, works with existing BeagleBone Black Capes, and Element14 claims it to be a “BeagleBoard.org compatible product”.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|