Chromebooks are used by all kind of people, but they appear to be especially popular in classrooms. However, pupils can be “brutal” with their toys and tools, so that’s probably why CTL designed NL6x rugged Chromebook which can basically be walked on as the top cover resists up to 365 pounds pressure, includes anti-peel keys and a water-resistant keyboard, as well as reinforced ports, hinges, and power plug ports. It can also withstand 70cm high drops, and the back of the screen also doubles as a whiteboard.
- SoC – Intel Celeron N2940 quad core processor @ 1.83 GHz / 2.25GHz (Burst freq.) with Intel HD graphics (7.5W TDP; 4.5W SDP)
- System Memory – 4GB
- Storage – 16GB eMMC + 2-in-1 SDHC/MMC card reader
- Display – 11.6″ LED LEC with 1366 x 768 resolution
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio – HDMI output, 3.5mm combo jack for microphone and headphone, built-in microphone, built-in speakers
- Camera – 2.0MP front camera
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 and Bluetooth 4.0 via Intel Wireless-AC 7260 module
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – Kensington Lock Ready
- Battery – Unknown capacity. Up to 9.5 hours battery life
- Power Supply – 19V/2.1A
- Dimensions – 30 x 21.3 x 2.2 cm
- Weight – 1.38kg
To get more information and/or purchase the $269 Chromebook, you can visit CTL NL6x product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|