Hardkernel started to mention ODROID-C0 board last November, a cost-down and smaller version of ODROID-C1+ board powered by Amlogic S805 quad core Cortex A5 processor with 1GB RAM, dropping Ethernet, and a few USB port, but gaining a Li-po battery management unit. The company has now officially launched the board, which can be purchased for $25 on Hardkernel website or via distributors such as Ameridroid.
- SoC- Amlogic S805 quad core ARM Cortex-A5 @ 1.5GHz with ARM Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 @ 792Mhz
- Storage – eMMC Module Socket, micro SD card slot up to 128GB
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio Output – HDMI, I2S
- USB – 2x unpopulated USB2.0 ports
- Expansion Headers
- Unpopulated 40-pin header with GPIO, UART, SPI, I2C, and ADC signals
- Unpopulated 7-pin header for I2S
- Debugging – Unpopulated serial debug header
- Misc – On-board RTC function with battery connector, unpopulated IR receiver
- Power Supply
- 5V/2A via 2.5/0.8mm power barrel
- 3.7V Li+ battery
- Dimensions – 58 x 56 x 11 mm approx
- Weight – 16 grams without heat sink, 30 grams with optional heat sink
In case you need WiFi, the company provides a 802.11b/g/n 1T1R USB dongle with antenna, but you could probably use your own too, and the board runs Ubuntu 14.04 with OpenGLES, and Android 4.4.x both relying in Linux 3.10, which happens to be exactly the same as ODROID-C1/C1+ since all three boards are software compatible. You can find OS images, source code, and documentation in the Wiki, or directly access ODROID-C1 user’s manual.
There are several unpopulated connectors to make the board more compact and light for drones or robotic projects, but for people who do need the connectors, Hardkernel also sells a connector pack for $1.80, which you’ll need to solder yourself.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|