Tronsmart BJ19 is a barebone mini PC powered by Intel Celeron J1900 quad core “Bay Trail-D” processor with SO-DIMM slots for memory, and a SATA interface for a 2.5″ hard drive or SSD in a form factor similar to Intel NUC. It was launched last year, but GeekBuying is probably getting rid of stock, as it is selling it for just $59.99 shipped.
- SoC – Intel Celeron J1900 Quad core processor @ 2.0 GHz (base) / 2.41 GHz (burst) with Intel HD graphics (10W TDP)
- System Memory – DDR3L 1333/1666 MHz SO-DIMM slot
- Storage – 2.5″ SATA hard drive or SSD
- Video Output – mini HDMI + mini DisplayPort
- Audio – mini HDMI, 3.5 mm jack for headphone and MIC-in
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, mPCIe Wi-Fi (2.4GHz) and Bluetooth 4.0 module
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 port.
- Misc – Power button, power LED
- Power Supply – 19V/2.1A
- Dimensions – 116.6 x 112 x 5.1 mm
- Weight – ~360 grams
The specifications are not too bad, and the device should run Windows or Linux distributions pretty well. You’ll also need to add your own memory, and assuming you create a system with 4GB RAM, and 500GB HDD, you’d get yourself a very decent platform for about $140. The system comes with an internal fan, so if you need a fanless device that’s not for you.
Thanks to Peter for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.