While NEXBOX A5 was the first Amlogic S905X TV box to be announced, it’s still not available, and others has started to show off their products such as Xiaomi Mi Box (US), and I got specs and pictures of boards for Inphic Spot i7 Pro and Eny TV box.
Eny TV Box Board and Specifications
That’s actually two boards before separation, and fitted with Amlogic S905X-H processors. If you look closely are the “silkscreen” however, you’ll find that it has been edited in a photo editor to add ENY_X_V0.93. I’m not quite sure why they felt they had to do this…
Eny TV box specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905 or S905X-H quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5GHz or 2.0 GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- System Memory – 1 or 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 or 16GB flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz, and AV port
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, AV port (stereo audio)
- Video Codecs – 4K VP9 Profile-2 @ 60 fps, 4K 10-bit H.265 @ 60 fps; 4K H.264 @ up to 30 fps
- Connectivity – 10/100M, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Power button and LED.
The company has two models planned, one using the board above, and the other (EM95X) another board being assembled now.
Inphic Spot i7 Pro TV Box Board and Specifications
Inphic Spot i7 Pro is likely an evolution of their Spot i7 TV box with Amlogic S905, but they still laid out a new PCB, as shown in the Freaktab forum post about the development story of the product.
Inphic Spot i7 Pro preliminary specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex A53 @ up to 1.5 or 2.0 GHz with Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3 (on sample, final version may have 1 or 2 GB RAM)
- Storage – 8 GB flash + micro SD slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI and AV port
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (Realtek)
- USB – 2x USB OTG port
- Misc – IR receiver, RGB LEDs for notifications
Inphic is also working a new launcher for the device. All Amlogic S905X device will run Android 6.0, so both Eny and Inphic box will also run Marshmallow. Software development is not quite finished though, and Eny Technology informed me that at least one more month for development is required.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
9 Replies to “Amlogic S905X Boards Showing Up for Eny Technology and Inphic TV Boxes”
Why is one of the SoCs an s905X, and the other an s905X-H?
I guess they wanted to experiment with both in the board samples. S905X-H just adds Dolby and DTS licenses.
@cnxsoft Makes sense, thanks.
Hehehe Eny always try to fake people, same as it was for s905 i remember they shown 3d renders
S905X not support Dolby and DTS?
S905X-H support ?
If it is the same as for S905,
S905X – Dolby and DTS pass-through OK, Dolby and DTS down-mixing to PCM not OK, except in Kodi.
S905X-H – Dolby and DTS pass-through and downmixing to PCM OK.
thanks for explanation. looks S90X-H better for us.
” Eny Technology informed me that at least one more month for development is required.” –
Maybe “Eny Technology” will finish the software MX4 TV Box (EKB329) to the promised Android 6.0 – and even this TV box will go to hell!
I buy ENYBOX EM95X ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW TV BOX AMLOGIC S905X QUAD CORE CPU 64 BITS 2GB/16GB, have some bugs:
– Auto change Language system gui into Chinese (I set English)
– Can not update firmware (after download update.zip, auto restart in recovery mode and fail)
Do you have forum or site to ask some problems? Thanks!