CNXSoft: I’ve got many requests to review TV boxes, but I don’t always have time for them all, so from time to time I get people who help me do reviews, and this review of Roofull MRX TV box powered by Amlogic S905 processor had been done by Ray, who like me has been playing with many other Android TV boxes.
- Operation System – Android 5.1
- CPU – Amlogic S905 64-bit Quad core Cortex A53 up to @2GHz
- GPU – Penta Core Mali-450
- RAM – 2GB DDRIII
- ROM – 16GB eMMC flash
- SD Storage expendable up to 32GB
- Bluetooth – BT 4.0
- Antenna – Built-in antenna for WiFi
- UHD 4K x 2K: Support
- Full HD 1080P: Support
- HEVC H.265/H.264: Support
- Video/Picture Decoding Support: *.mkv,*.wmv,*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.dat, *.avi, *.mov, *.iso, *.mp4, *.rm and *.jpg file formats
- Audio Format Support: MP3,AAC,WMA,RM,FLAC,Ogg
- WiFi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000M LAN
- Button & Interfaces
- Power Button
- 1x RJ45
- 1x HDMI A Type, HDMI 2.0 (4K/2K @60fps)
- 1x AV port
- 1x S/PDIF
- 1x Micro SD card slot
- 1x DC in Jack (5V/2A)
- 2x Standard USB port
The housing MRX TV Box is made of good quality plastic in black color. The upper part of the housing cover has a power button; the sides of the device are made of shiny plastic. On one side are two USB 2.0 ports, OTG port and micro SD card slot. On the rear panel are: 5V DC jack, AV port, RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port, HDMI 2.0 port and an optical S/PDIF port.
The box has to be powered on by pressing the power button upper right side. Nice teddy bear appears, saying hi, booted in exactly 20.71 seconds, I checked again the boot-up time, and surprisingly under 20 seconds, 19.89 seconds. Wow!
Pressing the power button while running offers “suspend/shutdown/reboot choice”. After the box is powered on, and LAN connected, it loaded TeamViewer QuickSupport for further support, great feature.
For TV and IPTV Fans: Great launcher!
I upgraded to Kodi 16.1 and it ran flawlessly, superfast and really stable. The box itself is superfast, no glitches, no nothing, highly stable, highly responsive. Network connectivity is also good both with the LAN connection, faster than I saw till now on other boxes, and WiFi is outstanding. This box beat them all, and it makes absolutely no difference between Wifi and LAN while playing IPTV streams… The box also comes rooted.
By my opinion, well done, Roofull!! A fresh breeze after so many miserable boxes going through my hands!
No Antutu results, as they are often not traceable.
The MRX TV Box scored 4427 (MINIX Neo U1 – 4346, Beelink Mini MX – 4272, K1 PLUS – 4199, ZIDOO X6 Pro – 4331) on from me much-liked Ice Storm Extreme. Ice Storm Unlimited scored 7355 (nice-nice-nice!!!!).
Below you see the results with Vellamo and GPUbench. MRX TV Box internal memory benchmarks: Read 32.49MB/s – Write 12.78MB/s. RAM copy speed was 2307.92MB/s.
MRX TV Box plays video files in 4K (also 60fps) without any major problems (very nice!!). The following table compares Kodi and MX Player (changed to 1.8.4 Pro V.) for some video samples. Also scores well with playing the videos on YouTube.
|Typical 1080p||KODI||MX Player|
|MPEG2 / MP2 2.0 – 6.7Mbps||OK||OK|
|MPEG4 / MP3 2.0 – 7.4Mbps||OK||OK|
|H264 / AAC 2.0 – 7.1Mbps||OK||OK|
|VC1 / WMA3 2.0 – 24Mbps||OK||OK|
|VP8 / VORBIS 2.0 – 7.9Mbs||OK||OK|
|MyHillside– H264 / AAC 2.0 – 24fps||OK||OK|
|GermanCastles -H264 – 60fps||OK||OK|
|Wildlife – 96fps||OK||OK|
|Skyfall – H264 / AAC 2.0 – 10Mbps||OK||OK|
|Beyond-China – h264/AAC 2.0||OK||OK|
|ThailandFruits – 60fps||OK||OK|
|HD Club Berlin – H264 / AAC 2.0 – 60Mbps||OK||OK|
|Messenger – H265-HVEC / AAC 2.0 – 15Mbps||OK||OK|
|Youtube – VP9 / 1080p||OK||OK|
- Highly stable Android system!
- No kind of any temperature problems
- Superfast, System acts fast and snappy!
- Nice features like teamviewer support
- Superb Kodi integration
- Excellent price-performance ratio
- Good 4K Video Playback
- Great Launcher
- Good Value for the money
- NO compatibility Issues
- Nice Design
- Definitely the standard remote control, used in almost every box in China! This box deserves better!
- Internal streaming from USB or SD/HDD without any major issues, IPTV stream in FHD (1920p and up) I would recommend in these cases a LAN connection!
ROOFULL MRX TV box can be purchased for $65.99 on Amazon US, directly on the company’s website for $67.99, or on Aliexpress for $75. Some more information, including contact info, can be found in the product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|