Chuwi Vi10 Plus tablet features a 10.8″ full HD display, an Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor with 2GB RAM and 32GB storage, but instead of running the usual Windows 10 or Android operating systems, it’s running Remix OS 2.0 fork of Android with desktop improvements.
Chuwi Vi10 Plus specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8300 quad core “Cherry Trail” processor @ 1.44 / 1.84 GHz with Intel HD graphics (2W SDP)
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3L
- Storage – 32 GB eMMC + micro SD slot up to 128GB
- Display – 10.8″ IPS touch screen display with 1920×1280 resolution; 10-point touch
- Video Output – 1x micro HDMI
- Audio I/O – micro HDMI, 3.5mm microphone jack, built-in microphone, built-in speakers
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB type C, 1x micro USB port
- Camera – 2.0 MP front-facing and rear cameras
- Sensors – Gravity and others?
- Misc – Docking interface
- Battery – 8,400 mAh battery
- Power Supply – 5V/3A via USB type C with quick charge capabilities
- Dimensions – 276.4 x 184.8 x 8.8 mm
- Weight – 686.5 grams
The tablet runs Remix OS 2.0 based on Android 5.1, and it’s unclear whether it will be upgraded to the just released Remix OS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Liliputing also reports that a dual boot version with 4GB RAM/64GB ROM supporting both Windows 10 and Remix OS 2.0 will be sold for $239.
In the meantime, the Remix OS 2.0 only version is up for pre-order on GearBest for $153.74 + shipping ($12 to $15 extra) [Update: Use coupon VI10PLUSGB 139.99$ to get it for $139.99], and for some reasons, I could not find it on any other sites including Aliexpress at the time of writing [Update: It’s also on GeekBuying now]. The optional keyboard and stylus do not appear to be for sale right now either.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
3 Replies to “Chuwi Vi10 Plus Remix OS 2.0 Tablet Powered by Intel Atom x5-Z8300 SoC is up for Pre-order for $140”
Linux on something like this could be pretty good…
Dual boot desktop OS with desktop OS seems useless to me… plain Android and Win10 I can understand but dual-booting Remix OS AND Windows 10 seems wrong.
Wonder why they chose Intel over ARM for the single boot Remix OS tablet…
And a 12 inch coming it seems