Remix OS appears to getting more and more attention, and is now found in an increasing number of hardware platforms. Jide has also been working on the new Remix OS 3.0 version based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and showcased it in Jide Remix Pro 2-in-1 laptop / tablet reference design powered by Snapdragon 652 octa-core processor.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 (APQ8074) octa core processor with 4x Cortex A72 cores @ 1.8 GHz, 4x Cortex A53 cores, and Adreno 510 GPU
- System Memory – 3GB RAM
- Storage – TBD internal storage; micro SD card slot
- Display – 12″ IPS display with 2K resolution (2160×1440)
- Camera – 8 MP rear camera; 5MP front-facing camera
- Audio – 2x speakers; combo audio jack
- Connectivity – dual band WiFi, Bluetooth 4, optional 4G-LTE with SIM card slot (replacing micro SD slot), GPS,
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB type C port
- Misc – Detachable keyboard with pogopins; power and volume keys
- Dimensions – 7mm thick (aluminum alloy case)
- Weight – Around 650 grams
Price and launch date are not known at this stage.
Via Netbook Italia
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
One Reply to “Jide Remix Pro is a Remix OS 3.0 2-in-1 Laptop Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 Processor”
At 01:36 the youtube video says “reference design”. So this is market “push”, not a proof of market pull or market attention. And
it’s also the explanation there is no price; it’s just a showcase it could be done.