Xiaomi Mi Pad 7.9″ tablet powered by Nvidia Tegra K1 processor was launched in 2014 with either 16 or 64 GB flash, and on July on that year you could buy the version with 64GB storage would sell for $370 and up from sites like Aliexpress. A little over two years, the price has dramatically dropped, and there’s now a promotion for Xiaomi Mi Pad with 64GB storage for $119.99 on GearBest with MiPad64G or MP64GBCSMO coupon.
- SoC – Nvidia Tegra K1 quad core Cortex A15 processor @ 2.2 GHz with Nvidia 192-core Kepler GPU
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3
- Storage – 64GB eMMC, extensible to 128GB via microSD card
- Display – 7.9” IPS display, 2048×1536 resolution; 326 PPI
- Camera – 8MP rear camera, 5MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity – 802.11ac 2×2 Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, speaker
- USB – 1x micro USB port
- Battery – 6700 mAh battery
- Dimensions – 202.1 x 135.4 x 8.5 mm
- Weight – 360 grams
Even by today’s standards, XiaoMi Mi Pad should offer a pretty good performance, but the main downside is the tablet is stuck with Android MIUI V5 operating system based on Android 4.4. English is supported by default, but some other languages such as German, Italian and Dutch, are not supported in the firmware, however GearBest claims they can “offer these language packs”.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.