Siemens has recently released SIMATIC IOT2000 series IoT gateways based on Intel Quark X1000/X1020 processor also used in Intel Galileo Gen 2 board with both IOT2020 educational version, and IOT2040 industrial version featuring UL-approval, Arduino headers, and a mini PCIe expansion socket.
- SoC – Intel Quark X1020 32-bit processor @ up to 400 MHz with 16KB cache (2.2W TDP)
- System Memory – 1 GB RAM
- Storage – micro SD slot
- Connectivity – 2x Ethernet ports
- Serial – 2x RS232/485 interfaces
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x micro USB device port
- Expansion – Arduino UNO compatible headers, mini PCIe socket
- Misc – Battery-backed RTC
- Power Supply – 9 to 36V DC wide-range power supply
- Dimensions – 144x90x54 mm
- Weight – About 200 grams
- Temperature Range – 0 °C to up to +50 °C
- Certificates – CE, UL, FCC, KCC, RCM
The device support wall-mount and DIN rail mounting. The company has not exactly made it easy to find specifications, but SIMATIC IOT2020 is said to feature Quark X1000 processor with 512MB RAM and a single Ethernet port. The gateway runs Linux built with Yocto, and supports both Intel System Studio IoT Edition and Arduino IDE tools, and MindSphere Siemens Cloud infrastructure can also be used. Some people got hold of early sample, and showcased how to use the Arduino IDE with the hardware.
Siemens IOT2020 gateways are sold through RS Components website, and in the US this redirects to Allied Elec where IoT2020 educational gateway is sold for $120, and IoT2040 industrial gateway for $280. You may also find a few more details on Siemens IOT2000 series product page.
Thanks to Jake for the tip.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|