Yotaphone popularized dual display smartphones with your standard color display on the front panel complemented with an always-on E-Ink display on the rear panel that consumes less power, and even shows the latest screen update (e.g. your plane ticket) when the battery is depleted. The latest model – Yotaphone 2 – was launched in 2014, but for whatever there has not been an update since, and companies appear to be clearing their stock with for example GearBest selling it for $119.99 shipped. However, even if the company never produces a Yotaphone 3, other have reproduced the design with the latest being Hisense A2 samrtphone whose specs have recently been published on TENAA (China equivalent of the FCC).
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor @ 1.4 GHz with Adreno 505 GPU
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR3
- Storage – 64GB internal storage + micro SD slot
- Front – 5.5″ AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display with Full HD (1920×1080) resolution
- Rear – 5.17″ E-Ink capacitive touchscreen display with qHD (960×540) resolution
- Cameras – 16MP rear camera with LED flash; 5MP front-facing camera
- Cellular Connectivity – GSM, CDMA, TD-SCDMA, TD-LTE, LTE FDD, WCDMA, CDMA 2000; dual SIM dual standby
- Wireless Connectivity – WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS
- USB – 1x micro USB 2.0 port
- Battery – 3,000 mAh
- Dimensions – 157.25 x 76.8 x 8.4 mm
- Weight – 190 grams
The phone runs Android 6.0.1 with some custom skins. Since it has passed TENAA certifications should be launched very soon in China.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|