GOLE is better known for their mini PC tablet combos like GOLE1 and GOLE1 Plus, but the company is about to launch GOLE360 360 Degree Panorama VR Action Camera looking very similar to Insta360 Nano camera, but instead of being designed for iPhones, they made is for Android smartphones with either a micro USB port, or a USB type C port.
GOLE360 camera specifications:
- SoC – InfoTM C23 32-bit processor @ up to 600MHz with 128MB RAM on-chip
- Storage – micro SD slot up to 128GB
- 4 MP sensor
- Camera lens: aperture F2.4, focuses: Efl 0.94, angle: 210o
- Video – H.264/MOV up to 1920×[email protected] /1472×[email protected]
- Photo – JPEG @ 3008×1504 /1920×960
- USB – 1x micro USB 2.0 port, or 1x USB 2.0 type C port depending on model
- Battery – 3.7V/800mAh
- Dimensions – 11.68 x 3.7 x 2.2cm
The camera runs Linux 3.10. This is not the first 360 degree camera for Android smartphone, and we’ve covered Insta360 Air spherical camera, but GOLE360 offers a different form factor, and includes a battery which will allow you to use it in standalone mode. The Android app is currently only available as an apk, and is supposed to support photo and video recording and streaming using flash, sphere, VR and planet modes.
“HIGOLE GOLE360” camera is up for pre-order for $118.66 on GearBest with shipping planed for after March 2nd.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.