We’ve seen in the past some TV boxes with one HDMI input such as Zidoo X9 or EWEAT R9 Plus in order to record an external video source, and possibly use some other features like PiP or video UDP streaming. However, I’ve recently become informed that YokaTV KB1 Android TV boxes, powered by an Amlogic S905X, and not one, but two HDMI 2.0 input ports, on top of its HDMI 2.0a output port.
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ up to 1.5 GHz with an ARM Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash *4 to 32GB flash optional), micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz, 3.5mm AV jack (composite)
- Video Input – 2x HDMI 2.0 ports
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV (stereo audio), and optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.0 (BCM4335) with external antenna
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, power/standby LED, recovery pin hole
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 109 x 109 x 21 mm
The device runs Android 6.0 with Kodi 17 (Alpha or Beta), and ships with the usual IR remote control, HDMI cable, power adapter, and user’s manual.The device was actually for announced in September of last year, and has been sold on Amazon US, GeekBuying, Aliexpress and other sites for $58 and up for a while. However, I have not been able to find one review that comments on the two HDMI inputs. Based on the low price, and lack of info about the HDMI input ports, I’m assuming they are just used as an HDMI 2.0 switcher, meaning you can’t record or use fancy features, but only switch between the inputs using a specific app or a key on the remote control. Videostrong KB1 product page has very little extra info about the device.
Thanks to theguyuk for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|