STMicroelectronics and Mouser have launched two new products with LoRa connectivity: STM32 LoRaWAN Discovery Board with an STM32L072 ARM Cortex M0+ MCU and Semtech SX1276 transceiver, and I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 STM32 LoRa expansion board for STM32 Nucleo boards with an STM32L052 MCU and Semtech SX1272 radio transceiver.
B-L072Z-LRWAN1 STM32L0 Discovery kit LoRa specifications:
- LoRa Module – Murata CMWX1ZZABZ-091 with
- MCU – STM32L072CZ ARM Cortex -M0+ MCU @ 32 MHz with 192 KB Flash memory, 20 KB RAM, 20 KB EEPROM
- SX1276 transceiver supporting LoRa, FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK and OOK modulations
- Antennas – SMA and U.FL RF interface connectors, 50 Ohm SMA RF antenna
- Debugging – On-board ST-LINK/V2-1 supporting USB re-enumeration capability
- Expansion – Arduino Uno V3 connectors
- Misc – 7x LEDs, 2x push-buttons (user and reset)
- Power supply – Via USB bus or external VIN/3.3 V supply voltage or batteries; 3xAAA-type-battery holder for standalone operation (on the back of the board?)
The board can be programmed with Keil MDK-ARM, IAR EWARM, GCC-based IDEs including SW4STM32 from AC6, and ARM mbed online. You’ll find hardware and software documentation on the product page.
- USI LPWAN module with:
- MCU – STMicro STM32L052T8Y6 ARM Cortex -M0+ MCU @ 32 MHz with 64 KB flash, 8 KB RAM, 2 KB EEPROM, T-RNG
- Semtech SX1272 radio transceiver supporting LoRa , FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK and OOK modulation
- Antenna – SMA connector with antenna included in the kit
- Sensors – ST LSM303AGR accelerometer and magnetometer sensor, ST HTS221 relative humidity and temperature sensor, and ST LPS22HB pressure sensor
- Expansion – Arduino UNO R3 headers
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.