Zidoo X8, X9S and the upcoming X10, are TV boxes powered by Realtek RTD1295 processor with an HDMI input. The stock firmware already supports UDP broadcasting, but robbi5 decided he needed more, and designed Instreamer “HDMI IN Streamer” app leveraging work from Danman’s ZidoStream app for Mstar TV boxes and Zidoo’s own VideoAndHdmiIN app.
Instreamer app supports the following:
- Streaming as MPEG-TS to network (unicast/multicast)
- Streaming in FLV format to RTMP server (e.g. Youtube)
- No need for intermediate recording file – thus no length limit
- Streaming runs in background
- HDMI out is usable as pass-through
That looks good. Installation is easy.
- Download and install the latest Instreamer APK release
- Download and extract FFmpeg Android binaries to /mnt/sdcard
You’ll be able to adjust a few video and audio settings after launching the app (not tested as I don’t have X9S anymore).
You can now start a terminal, and stream HDMI input using MPEG-TS + UDP:
ffmpeg -i - -codec:v copy -codec:a copy -bsf:v dump_extra -f mpegts udp://[IP]:1234
or to RTMP servers such as YouTube:
ffmpeg -i - -strict -2 -codec:v copy -codec:a aac -b:a 128k -f flv rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/[Stream name/key]
You’ll find the “Stream name/key” on YouTube Live Dashboard by clicking on Reveal button.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|