Zidoo has been busy this year, after releasing Zidoo X5 and Zidoo X1 II in Q1 2016, the company is about to launch Zidoo X9s Android media recorder and player, successor of Zidoo X9, powered by Realtek RTD1295 quad core Cortex A53 processor, and be one of the first TV box to run Android 6.0.
- SoC – Realtek RTD1295 quad core Cortex A53 processor with ARM Mali-T820 MP3 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC + micro SD slot + SATA 3.0 interface (external?)
- Video I/O – HDMI 2.0a output, AV output, and HDMI input (recording and streaming up to 1080p @ 60 Hz)
- Audio I/O – HDMI in and out, 1x S/PDIF output
- Video Playback – HDR, 10-bit HEVC/H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, H.264 up to 4K @ 24 fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60 fps, BDISO/MKV, etc… automatic frame rate switching
- Audio Features – 7.1 channel audio pass-through
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, VFD display
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Dimensions – 187 x 127 x 27 mm (aluminum enclosure)
As mentioned in the introduction the device will run Android 6.0, but also OpenWrt at the same time so that it can be configured just like a router/NAS, and you’ll be able to install OPKG packages. The firmware also features the company’ Kodi 16 port called ZDMC.
What’s really interesting with Realtek RTD1295 is that all features are integrated according to the block diagram, so no need to have USB bridge to implement SATA, Gigabit Ethernet MAC/PHY is built-in, PCIe host interfaces are also embedded, and so on. It’s also the only SoC that I know of with 4K @ 60 fps hardware decoders working for all three main codecs: H.264, H.265, and VP9.
Availability and pricing are not known at this stage.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|