Xiaomi “Mijia” 6-in-1 smart home (security) kit is an home automation set with a WiFi & Zigbee multi-functional gateway with RGB light and speaker, a wireless switch, a window/door sensor, a human body sensor, temperature & humidity sensor, and a smart socket.
- Multifunctional Gateway Remote Control
- WiFI and Bluetooth connectivity
- Built-in speaker
- Light sensor and 18x RGB LED for notifications potentially trigerred by connected sensors: body sensor, door sensor, IP camera…
- Online radio support
- Window / Door Sensor Set
- Light and rings the gateway when opened or closed
- Away from home mode: can trigger IP camera recording
- Power – CR2032 cell battery that should last for 2 years
- Smart Wireless Switch
- Programmable one key switch to turn off all lights/applicance, turn on one light at night, etc…
- Human Body Sensor
- Motion sensor allowing you to control other devices through the gateway
- Power – CR1632 battery
- Smart Socket
- Zigbee connectivity to gateway
- Reports actual power consumption
- Overload protection
- Set timing turn on and turn off
- Temperature Humidity Sensor
- Triggers alarm if the temperature and/or humidity are out of normal range
- Log data over time via Gateway
- Power – CR2032 battery
You’d normally use this kit using MiHome app from the Apple Store or Google Play, but if the rather mixed user reviews scare you off, the good news is that the Xiaomi gateway (Aqara) is now supported by Domoticz (Beta). Note that there appears to be multiple hardware versions of the gateway, and Domoticz will only work with version 2.0 or greater.
Domoticz integration still requires you to install MiHome app, as you need to enable developer options, specifically “LAN functions” to set a fixed IP address. Once this is done you’ll be able to select “Xiaomi Gateway” in Domoticz web interface, and input the IP address. After getting back to the Android / iOS app again to setup the sensors, Domoticz should automatically detect them.
Once this is done, you should not need to access Xiaomi’s mobile app anymore, and can manage and control your devices with Domoticz web interface or/and Android app.
Support for Xiaomi Smart Home gateway was merged on Github last December, and if you want to find others experiences, there’s a long thread about it on Domoticz forums. The kit described above can be purchased from GearBest for $74.5 shipped. You’ll also find the kit on other shops such as DealExtreme with various options (4-in-1, 6-in-1, gateway only, etc…), as well as Aliexpress.
Thanks to Harley for the tip.