The market is flooded of octa-core Android mini PCs or TV boxes for the consumer market, but Rockchip RK3368 powered Shuttle NS02E Android mini PC targets a different mark, specifically digital signage and thin clients as it’s been designed for 24/7 nonstop operation, and supports features such as PoE (Power over Ethernet).
Shuttle XPC nano NS02E specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3368 ARM Cortex A53 processor @ up to 1.5 GHz with Imagination PowerVR G6110 “Rogue” GPU
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash, 2.5″ SATA bay for 7″ drives (requires one extra optional accessory), SD card reader
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0
- Audio Output – Via HDMI, 3.5mm Line OUT audio jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (RTL8211-CG transceiver) with PoE support, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 (RTL8723BS module)
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Kensington lock hole, power button, power LED, HDD LED, VESA mount, RTC + battery
- Power Supply
- Optional 12V/2A via power barrel
- PoE 802.3af (Up to 12.9W) or POE+ 802.3at (up to 25.5W) with the later recommended with a 2.5″ drive or external USB peripherals
- Dimensions – 141 x 141 x 29 mm (slim plastic chassis)
- Weight – 270 grams
- Operating Temperature Range – 0 to 40 °C
- Certifications – EMI: CE, FCC, BSMI, RCM, CCC, R&TTE; safety: CB, BSMI, ETL; others: RoHS, EuP Lot 6
The mini PC runs Android 5.1.1, and the company highlights features like screen rotation function, HDMI output scaler function (zoom in/out), auto power-on-after-power-fail, and wake up / Standby by RTC time.
NS02E also includes digital signage software, and DS Creator 2.0 app can be used with an Android 4.2 or greater phone or tablet to upload digital signage content such as scrolling text, pictures, videos and webpage links to your digital signage player, as well as to configure the display layout.
NS02E does not ship with a power supply by default, as it’s meant to be powered by a PoE switch or PoE injector. If you do not need PoE, but are still interested i nthe mini PC features and capabilities, NS02A model is better suited as it does not support PoE, but comes with a 12V/2A power supply by default.
Thanks to ML for the tip.