So far, we’ve seen two dual tuner set-top boxes powered by Amlogic S905D processor with Sen5 Android STB and Mecool KI Pro, but earlier this year, Foxconn launched Bandott set-top box based on the processor, with any tuner, but two HDMI inputs, and Widevine L1 and PlayReady 3.0 support allowing for 4K video playback for premium services like Netflix (see Bandott page), CatchPlay, iqiyi, and myVideo.
- SoC – Amlogic S905D quad core ARM Cortex-A53 processor @ 1.5 GHz with penta core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 8GB flash
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 2.0b (HDCP)
- Video Input – 2x HDMI 1.4
- Audio Output – HDMI, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11ac/b/g/n (2×2), Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1 x USB 2.0
- DRM – Widevine L1 and PlayReady 3.0
Via MiniPC DB
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.