Several boards based on Allwinner A64 quad core 64-bit ARM processor have been available on the market for a while, with products such as Pine A64(+), NanoPi A64, or Banana Pi BPI-M64. Olimex also has been working on A64-OLinuXino since late 2015, and the company has now formally launched the board for 50 Euros, which also happens to be the very first open source hardware board based on Allwinner A64.
- SoC – Allwinner A64 quad core Cortex-A53 processor with Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1 or 2GB DDR3L @ 672 MHz
- Storage – micro SD slot, Optional 4 or 16GB industrial grade eMMC flash, optional SPI Flash
- Video Output & Display I/F – HDMI, 20-pin MIPI & 40-pin LCD display connectors
- Audio – Via HDMI, 3.5mm Audio In and Out jacks (Headphone output and microphone input can be changed to Line-in and Line-out via jumpers)
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, optional BLE/WiFi module
- USB – 1x micro USB OTG port, 1x USB host port, 1x unpopulated HSIC header
- Expansion Headers
- Unpopulated 40-pin GPIO header
- Unpopulated UEXT header for compatible Olimex modules
- Debugging – Debug header for serial console
- Misc – Power, battery charging, and user LEDs; UBOOT, RESET and POWER buttons; RTC battery expansion
- Power Supply – 5V power jack; battery connector for 3.7 Li-Po battery; AXP803 PMU with Lipo charger and step-up
- Dimensions – 90×62.5 mm
- A64-OLinuXino-1G0G with 1GB RAM, no Flash, no WiFi/BLE
- A64-OLinuXino-1G4GW with 1GB RAM, 4GB eMMC and WiFi/BLE
- A64-OLinuXino-2G16G-IND with 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC with industrial grade components (-40 to +85°C temperature range)
You can also request to have the SPI flash and/or header soldered for an additional fee.
The hardware design files for the latest revision of the board – with schematics designed with KiCAD – should soon be pushed to Github, as currently only Rev. A and Rev. B board files are accessible. The board is said to run Linux and Android, but I have not been able to located firmware images and source code specific to the board yet.
You can purchase A64-OLinuXino-1G4GW board now for 50 Euros plus shipping.