Olimex has showcased a prototype of their small (5×5 cm) iCE40HX1K-EVB development board powered by Lattice Semi iCE40 FPGA, programmable with OLinuXino development boards via the UEXT interface, and compatible with Project Icestorm open source toolchain for Lattice iCE40.
- FPGA – Lattice Semi iCE40HX1K-VQ100 FPGA @ up to 533 MHz with 1280 gates, 160 Logic Array Blocks, and 64 kbit memory
- System Memory – 256Kx16 SRAM (Samsung K6R4016V1D-TC10 )
- Storage – 2MB serial flash
- UEXT connector for programming
- 34-pin header to access FPGA I/Os
- Misc – 2x user buttons, reset button, 2x user LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V via power jack
- Dimensions – 5×5 cm (4-layer PCB)
- iCE40-ADC fast 100Mhz ADC with BNC input connector for Digital Storage Oscilloscope (DSO) with up to 512 KB buffer
- iCE40-DAC fast 100Mhz DAC with BNC output connector for Direct digital synthesizer (DDS) generator
- iCE40-DIO fast IO with level shifter
- iCE40-IO with VGA and PS2 keyboard connectors board to emulate older computer
The boards still need to be tested, and all five boards are expected to sell starting June 1st, with iCE40HX1K-EVB going for 22 Euros. There’s no product page yet, but you can already check the Kicad and PDF schematics on github.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|