First of all, I have to say sorry for the delay for the review, but at the time I got this “beauty”, it would not power up, even though the blue light showed up out of the USB connector… I tried to recover a couple of times, no success at all… Getting a little upset, and tried after weeks of not thinking anymore…
So I used an old trick, we all know, I guess. The freezer trick! I covered the Sunvell T95P in a soft linen towel, and put it in the freezer for around 3 hours. After that, it really worked like nothing happened before. There is also the old fascinating hairspray trick for “boards”… That could have been of help in some cases, but I couldn’t find a way to open this box without it being damaged for good.
Here we go. Claimed Product details of T95P:
- 2G/8G Android Smart TV Box
- Amlogic S905X Quad Core
- UHD 4K KODI
- Miracast DLNA
- IPTV 2.4G WIFI Set-Top Box Media Player – intl? Where? Could’t find any!
- IO Ports:
- 1x HDMI 2.0a output up to 4K @ 60Hz with CEC and HDR support
- 1x USB 2.0
- 1x SD card slot
- WiFi: 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 4.0 (couldn’t locate it!, Not there!)
- MicroSD card reader up to 32GB
- Size: 5.30 x 5.30 x 6.80 cm
- Weight: 280gr
The package contains T95P TV box,, a remote, one HDMI cable, and a user manual. The delivered manual is not really useful, as it’s for another Box, but it tells you not for which one exactly. It comes with 4 pages in total, telling you how to plug in the non-existent LAN Ethernet cable, or the non-existent portable Hotspot.
The box support 86 Languages (All European and Asian Languages), runs Android 6.0.1 with T95 UI, Google Play Store. Kodi 16.1 and a TVAddons are also installed. Nothing special so far.
The T95P automatically turns on when it is powered on. The system is quite unstable, and regarding the temperature, I measured an amazing 83-88 degres Celsius max. with my infrared laser digital temperature thermometer Gun. Not much more to say, I guess!
- I couldn’t’ find any, not even the remote, which gave up nonstop. I must regret, that I am not a big fan of these kind of mini Smart TV boxes due to their extreme limitations like no Ethernet port, only 1 USB, and definitely heat problems after long times of usage, resulting in CPU and GPU throttling with freezing issues, GUI Errors, no response at all anymore…
- Only one USB 2.0 connection
- No LAN
- No Bluetooth
- Device plugs directly in power source (not a Fan of this!)
- Slow and freeze most of times
- Blurry screen with lines and after unplugging it would not start until it cooled off
- Having incompatibility problems with Google Play Services as well
- HDMI cable a way to short
- Amlogic S905X Quad Core CPU with speeds of up 2.0GHz. For its GPU it comes with ARM Mali 450 5 core GPU with speeds of up to 750MHz (I have my doubts, also with the claimed memory, it seems to be shared with the GPU memory!)
- It can play certain 4K videos but not on a very high fps, tested on some IPTV Streams in 1920×1080 and some 2400×1440 streams (the box gave up, didn’t respond anymore, and I had to unplug and wait until it cooled down!
- No 5.8GHz WiFi band , only 2.4 (WIFI is terribly weak)
- No optical port
- You have to purchase an air mouse, if the device is behind the TV or in none-direct sight position!
- Root access which seems to be “properly” installed, but no Superuser or SU Binary , nor ADB root shell visible to me. Good work….. and I was having problems with apps like Chainfire 3D, which requires ROOT…
- Last but not least, for my taste pricey!
Conclusion: Please consider other options, especially if you are looking for a multi-function box, or even a box for IPTV or Gaming…
GearBest provides the box for review, and they are offering this box for about 49$ shipped. Unsurprisingly, different stores are offering huge discount right now, and at one point Banggood sold the box for $29 (now out of stock), but even at this price, it’s not worth it.