Avnet has unveiled MiniZed development board – part of ZedBoard family – powered by a Xilinx Zynq Z-7007s SoC with an ARM Cortex A9 processor and FPGA fabric, supporting WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, and equipped with Arduino and PMOD headers.
MiniZed board (AES-MINIZED-7Z007-G) specifications:
- SoC – Xilinx Zynq-7007S single ARM Cortex A9 processor up to 677 MHz + FPGA with 23K logic cells, 1.8 Mb block RAM, 60 DSP slices
- System Memory – 512 MB DDR3L
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash, 128 Mbit QSPI flash
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.1 plus EDR and BLE via Murata “Type 1DX” wireless module
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Sensors – 3-axis accelerator and temperature sensor (LIS2DS12); Digital Microphone (MP34DT05)
- Expansion Interfaces:
- 2x Pmod compatible connectors with 16x GPIOs
- Arduino UNO R3 compatible header with 22x GPIOs
- Debugging – JTAG and serial console via micro USB port
- Misc – 2x bi-element user LEDs, user & reset push buttons; user switch
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port
The company provides bare-metal code samples, as well as Xilinux PetaLinux for the board. You’ll find hardware and software documentation, including BoM, schematics, and getting started guides on the documentation page.
MiniZed is the cheapest Zedboard so far, which makes it ideal as a training, prototyping and proof-of-concept demo platform, and it can be used to showcase wireless designs using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, audio signal processing examples with the MIC input, as well as IoT & cloud demos using external and on-board sensors.
MiniZed can be purchased for $89 on Avnet with the company mentioning that the retail price may be higher in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. You may find further info on Zedboard.org’s MiniZed page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|