We previously covered U-blox SARA-R4 LTE Cat M1 and SARA M2 NB-IoT (Cat NB1) modules, but in case you need support for LTE Cat M1 and Cat NB1, instead of just one or the other, in your product, U-blox launched a new SARA-R4 model with SARA-R410M-02B module supporting both standards.
- LPWAN connectivity
- LTE Cat M1 Half-duplex: 375 kb/s DL and UL
- LTE Cat NB1 Half-duplex: 27.2 kb/s DL, 62.5 UL
- Shared bands – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28; Cat M1-only band – 39
- Coverage enhancement Mode A and Mode B (in upcoming firmware),
- 3GPP Rel 13 e-DRX (Extended Discontinuous Reception) supported in upcoming firmware
- SMS support – MT/MO PDU / Text mode; SMS over SG/NAS
- Voice – VoLTE (Cat M1) using AMR-WB codec
- (U)SIM supporting 1.8 and 3V
- GNSS/GPS support with CellLocate and Hybrid positioning coming in new firmware version
- I/Os – 1x UART, 1x USB 2.0 HS, 1x SDIO master, 1x DDC (I2C), 1x SPI, up to 6 GPIOs
- Power Supply – 3.3 to 4.3V; 3.8V nominal
- Power Consumption – Power save mode: 8 μA; active mode: 8 mA; LTE connected mode: 105 to 125 mA
- Package – 96 pin LGA; 26.0 x 16.0 x 2.5 mm; < 3 grams
- Extended temperature range: –40 to +85°C
- Certifications – FCC, ISED, IFETEL, GCF, RCM, CCC, SRRC, NCC, RED, PTCRB, Verizon, AT&T, Telstra, GMA (Global M2M Association). Deployed bands: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 20, 28
The other advantage of this model is that it’s configurable and works worldwide, instead of just USA, Noth America or ANZ + North America for the other 3 modules, meaning you could make one product and sell it worldwide without having to make variants for different locales. The module integrate IPv4 and IPv6 stacks, as well as a range a network protocols ranging from TCP/IP to MQTT and TLS. Device management is done through OMA LWM2M, and firmware update works either via USB or FOTA.
SARA-R4 modules can be used in various applications such as gas/water/electricity meters, city street lighting, building automation, HVAC, industrial monitoring and control, telematics, insurance, asset & vehicle tracking, security systems, alarm panels, outpatient monitoring and consumer wearables.
The company did not provide pricing information, but mentioned product samples are available on request. You may find futher details on SARA-R4 Series product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|