We’ve previoulsy seen low costs SX1278 LoRa modules @ 433 MHz which you could connect to your own board, but Electrodragon is now selling Loraduino board with an Atmega328P MCU and SX1278 for just $6.10 / 5 Euros plus shipping, and using a layout similar to Arduino Pro Mini.
- MCU – Microchip / Atmel Atmega328P MCU with Arduino pro mini bootloader
- Storage – 16Mbit SPI flash for data
- Semtech SX1278 IC with 433mhz, or 470mhz central frequency
- 10 km max range
- 20dbm max power rate (configurable by software)
- Tx current: 120 mA @ + 20 dBm; 90mA @ + 17dBm; 29mA @ + 13dBm
- Data Rate – 1.2K to 300Kbps with FSK; 18 bps to 37.5Kbps with LoRa
- SX1278 Lora: leadout for pins IO1, IO2, IO3
- Atmega: 14x digital input/output pins (including 6x PWM outputs), 6x analog inputs (TBC)
- Misc – Programmable LED (D7), power LED, and charge status LED.
- Power Supply – On-board Lithium battery source jack, and MCP73831 smart charge IC. Charge when 5V power supplied to board.
- Dimensions – 46×23 mm (Arduino Pro Mini: ~33x17mm)
- Operating temperature – -40 ℃ ~ +85 ℃
The board ships with a spring pin antenna, and a battery cable. The MCU and SX1278 chip are connected through an SPI interface. There’s limited information on the Wiki, where they explain you can use the board with Radiohead RF95 library, and load rf95_reliable_client.ino in Arduino IDE to test it out.
Thanks to Zoobab for the tip
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|