Warp United, a “Chinese Health 2.0″/point-of-Care medical technology company based in Shenzhen, launched Warp 3 medical recorder – an Android powered handheld device supporting various vital signs and ultrasound medical modules – earlier this year, and the company has now just introduced SanStar WS-3A motherboard powered by Rockchip RK3288 quad core Cortex-A17 SoC, and running Android 5.1 in order to allow engineers to develop and connect their own medical modules via the various interfaces of the board, and create their own medical products.
SanStar WS-3A medical motherboard specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3288 quad core Cortex-A17 processor @ 1.8GHz with an ARM Mali-T764 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 /3.0, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, Directx11
- System Memory – 2GB or 4GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB eMMC flash, micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output / Display I/F
- HDMI 2.0 up to 3840 x 2160 pixel
- embedded DisplayPort (eDP)
- 10-bit dual LVDS, MIPI DSI, 1x backlight header, 1x I2C interface for touchscreen
- Audio – audio input, output, MIC interfaces, HDMI out.
- Isolated 10/100M Ethernet interface
- Dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- SIM slot for support for cellular networks via 4G LTE, 3G, 2G modules
- Optional GPS module : -159dBm, 1575.42MHz, 20 channels, positioning accuracy <10m
- USB – 7x USB host, 1x USB OTG
- Serial – 2x RS232
- Expansion – 4x custom I/O ports, mini PCie interface
- Camera – USB/MIPI camera up to 13MP
- Sensors – Support for 3-axis G-sensor, gyroscope, compass
- Misc – IR receiver; 3x user keys; 1x 12V cooling fan header; 3x LEDs for power, status, and user; RTC with battery; watchdog timer
- Power Supply – 12V @ 3A-5A via power barrel connector
- Dimension – 145(L) x 90(W) x 22(H) mm
- Weight – 99.27g
- ISO 13485:2003 Medical devices – Quality management systems – Requirements for regulatory purposes
- EN 60601-1: 2006 + A1: 2013 Medical Electrical Equipment – Part 1: General Requirements for Basic Safety and Essential Performance
- EN 60601-1-2:2007 Medical electrical equipment – Part 1-2: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance – Collateral standard: Electromagnetic compatibility – Requirements and tests
- EN 60950-1:2006+A11:2009+A1:2010+A12:2011 Information technology equipment – Safety –Part 1: General requirements
The board runs Android 5.1, and support up to two independent screens, or one 4K screen. The best way to find out what’s possible with the board is to check out what the company has done with Warp 3 medical recorder system comprised of a 7″ RK3288 tablet communicating with Volans 3 Vital Sign Module to gather ECG, heart rate (HR), respiration (Resp) rate, temperature (Temp), SpO2, pulse rate (PR), and non-invasive blood pressure (NIBP), as well as various “Urxa 3” ultrasound modules. Software includes an interface to display all those metrics on the tablet, as well as support for cloud based mobile health (mHealth) and EMRs (electronic medical records).
SanStar WS-3A single board computer is available now at an undisclosed price. Visit Warp United’s SanStar WS-3A product page for further details.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|