Wemos introduced the first low cost ESP32 board with LOLIN32 board going for $6.90 plus shipping in April, but the company is now back with a new Lite version of the board switching ESP-WROOM-32 module with their own design around ESP32 Rev 1 chip (with various silicon bug fixes), and a lower $4.90 price tag to which you need to add ~$2 for shipping.
Wemos LOLIN32 Lite is also smaller, so we’ll lose some of the pins (mostly extra power pins), but the I/Os look the same:
- SoC – Espressif ESP32-DOWD6Q Rev 1.0 dual core Tensilica Xtensa LX6 processor with WiFi and BLE
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi + Bluetooth LE
- I/Os via 2x 13-pin headers with digital I/Os, analog inputs, UART, I2C, SPI, VP/VN, DAC…
- 3.3V I/O voltage
- Breadboard compatible
- USB – 1x micro USB port for power and programming/debugging
- Misc – Reset button
- Power – 5V via micro USB + battery header for Lithium battery (charging current: 500mA max)
- Dimensions & Weight – TBD
The board sold on Aliexpress is pre-loaded with micropython firmware, but you could also change that to Arduino, or other supported firmware. The Wiki has limited information for now.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|