Wanscam HW0026 is a 720p IP camera with night vision, motion detection, and ONVIF 2.1 support that was launched in 2015, although they seem to have updated the model since then. GearBest now has a promotion for the US version of the camera for just $9.99 shipped. The version with the EU plug is sold for $15 shipped without any deep discount.
- 720P HD resolution, 1.0MP 1/4 inch CMOS sensor, 1 – 25fps adjustable frame rate
- 90 degree wide angle FOV, 3.6mm lens
- Supports 10 LEDs for night vision with infrared distance up to 10m
- Motion detection up to 10 – 15m
- Video – H.264 codec, AVI container, NTSC or PAL standard.
- Storage – micro SD card up to 64 GB
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- Protocols – DDNS, DHCP, FTP, LAN, P2P, RTSP, TCP, UPNP
- Audio – Built-in mic and speaker, supports two-way intercom
- Power Supply – 5V / 1A
- Dimensions – 11.70 cm x 8 cm x 8 cm
- Weight – 104 grams
The camera can be controlled from web browsers in desktop OS like Mac OS, Windows, or Linux, as well as Android or iOS smartphones using E-view 7 app. It ships with an English user manual, an accessories kit and a power adapter. I could not find custom open source firmware, or specific hacks for the camera, but since it’s compliant with ONVIF 2.1, it should be compatible with third party programs like Xenoma, and NAS with support for surveillance cameras. The old model was based on Hisilicon Hi3518E processor, but the new version appears to be based on Ingenic T10 MIPS processor.
Thanks to Ivo for the tip
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.