We’ve previously covered TECHBASE Modberry industrial automation gateways based on popular development boards such as Raspberry Pi 3, NanoPi M1 Plus, and Intel Cherry Trail’s UP board, and designed for applications such as PLC controllers or MODBUS gateway / router.
The company has now launched a new version with Modberry M300 powered NanoPi NEO Allwinner H3 board.
- SoC – Allwinner H3 quad core Cortex A7 @ 1.2 GHz with an ARM Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 512 MB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – micro SDHC card slot
- 10/100M Ethernet port
- Optional Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, speed up to 150 Mbps, 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2), LTE/3G modem, GPS module, ZigBee, Bluetooth, LoRa, Wireless M-Bus, Nb-IoT
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 2x USB 2.0 host header
- Expansion I/Os
- 2x DIO ports
- 1x RS-232, 1x RS-485
- 1x 2-pin mBus master for up to 10 slave devices
- Optional up to 3 ExCard I/O modules for more RS-232/485 ports, Ethernet ports, PCIe slots, analog input and output, digital I/Os, relays, M-Bus interface, etc…
- Misc – RTC with battery, watchdog timer
- Power Supply – 9~30V DC up to 20Watts without modem; 40W with modems
- Dimensions – 91 x 71 x 61 mm (ABS case with DIN rail mount)
- Weight – 100 grams
- Operating Conditions
- Temperature – Standard : 0 ~ 60°C; extended range: -40 ~ 70°C
- Humidity – 5 ~ 95% RH (non-condensing)
The gateway can run Debian, or Ubuntu Core based on Linux 4.11.2+ and u-boot, as well as the company’s iMod software to handle various industrial or other protocols such as M-Bus, Modbus, SNMP, MQTT, etc…
Pricing is not available just like with other Modberry gateways, and you’ll find more details on the products page. Not directly related, but found in the same TECHBASE’s November 2017 newsletter, the company also mentions M-Bus/WM-Bus support for their Moduino ESP32 gateways.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|