Remember Libre Computer Renegade SBC – aka ROC-RK3328-CC – based on Rockchip RK3328 processor, and launched last month on Indiegogo? The crowdfunding campaign successfully completed a few days ago with over $20,000 raised from close to 250 backers.
When we zoomed on the board we could see markings on the board indicated that it was made by Firefly team, the makers of boards such as Firefly-RK3288 Reload or Firefly-RK3399, and the company is now selling the board with 1 or 2GB RAM for respectively $35 and $50 plus shipping, but the 4GB version is not up for sale at this stage.
Firefly-ROC-RK3328-CC board specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex A53 processor with ARM Mali-450MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1, 2, or 4GB DDR4
- Storage – eMMC 5.x flash module socket (8 to 128 GB) + micro SD card slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR10 and HLG support, 3.5mm AV port (composite video + stereo audio)
- Video Codec – 4K VP9, H.265 and H.264, 1080p VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Expansion Headers
- 40-pin (mostly) Raspberry Pi compatible GPIO header with PWM, I2C, SPI, GPIOs
- 3-pin ADC Header with 2x analog inputs, GND
- Debugging – UART header pins
- Misc – IR receiver; button
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 85 x 56 mm
The board will ship with a micro USB cable, which will mitigate some of the micro USB powering issues some people may have had otherwise.
The company provides Ubuntu 16.04 32- & 64-bit, Debian 32-bit, Android 7.1.2 firmware images, as well as the Android SDK and tools for download (Baidu links only for now). Android & Linux software and hardware documentation is also available.
Thank to Fran for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.