Last month, we got news of Gemini Lake motherboards by ASRock, and GIGABYTE. The former provided decent technical details about their boards, but the latter basically published a more-or-less useless press release about their upcoming J/N motherboards (e.g. J4005N D2P) with very few technical details.
The company has now introduced MZGLKAI industrial mini-ITX motherboard featuring an Intel Celeron J4105 core Gemini Lake processor, dual Gigabit Ethernet, five SATA ports, plenty of COM ports, and more.
- SoC – Intel Celeron J4105 quad core processor @ 1.50/2.5 GHz with 12EU Intel UHD Graphics 600 up to 750 MHz; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 2x DDR4 1.2V SO-DIMM slots up to 2400Mhz, 8GB max.
- Storage – 5x SATA III 6Gbps including 4x via Marvell 88SE9230, 1x from J4105 with SATA DOM support; 3x SATA power connectors
- Video Output / Display I/F
- HDMI 2.0a port up to 3840×2160 @ 60 Hz with HDCP 2.2
- VGA (D-Sub) port up to 1920×1200 @ 60 Hz
- *eDP connector up to 3840×2160 @ 60 Hz
- *LVDS port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920×1200 @ 60 Hz
- 1x Backlight control connector
- *Note: eDP connector is multiplexed with the LVDS port, only one can be used at a time
- Realtek ALC269Q audio codec
- 3x audio jacks for Line in, Line out, Mic in)
- Internal connections – front audio header, speaker out header
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports via Realtek RTL8111HS
- 2x DB9 COM ports (RS232 /422 /485 and RI/5V/12V)
- 4x COM headers (RS232)
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 type A ports (or 1x USB 3.0 type A, 1x USB 3.0 type C), 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 3.0 header, 1x USB 2.0 header
- 1x PCIe x4 (Gen2 x 2)
- 1x M.2 2280 M-key slot with SATA 6Gb/s
- 1x M.2 2230 E-key slot for NGFF-2230 CNVi cards only
- 1x GPIO header
- Misc – CPU fan header, system fan header, front panel header, TPM header for optional TPM module kit, 2x LAN LED headers, 1x RAID LED header, case open header, buzzer, AT mode jumper
- Power Supply
- 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 12V DC in jack
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (mini-ITX form factor)
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C to 50°C; storage: -40°C to 70°C
- Humidity – 0-90% (non-condensing)
The company only mentions support for Windows 10 64-bit operating system, but Linux distributions will likely be supported as well, albeit possibly unofficially. The motherboard is said to ship with an IO Shield, and two SATA power cables (300mm), with an optional TPM 1.2 or TPM 2.0 module also offered.
More details, including the BIOS download link, and a hardware installation / quick reference guide, can be found on the product page. I’d assume Windows drivers should eventually made their way on that page too.