After unveiling Exynos 7872 Series5 hexa core processor in January, Samsung has now introduced a higher end Series7 octa-core processor with Cortex A73 and 53 cores, and a Mali-G71 MP2 GPU named Exynos 7885.
The new processor also supports 18:9 Full HD+ displays, LTE Cat 12 for download up to 600 Mbps, dual camera, 4K 30 fps video decoding/encoding, and comes with an LPDDR4x memory interface.
Samsung Exynos7 7885 processor specifications:
- CPU – Dual-core Cortex-A73 @ up to 2.2 GHz, and Hexa core Cortex A53 @ up to 1.6GHz
- GPU – Arm Mali-G71 MP2
- Memory I/F – LPDDR4x
- Storage I/F – eMMC 5.1, SD 3.0
- Display – Up to WUXGA (1920×1200), Full HD+ (2220×1080)
- LTE Modem – LTE Cat.12 3CA 600Mbps (DL) / 2CA 150Mbps (UL)
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11ac Dual-band, Bluetooth 5, FM Radio
- GNSS – GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
- Camera – Rear 21.7MP, Front 21.7MP, Dual camera: 16MP+16MP
- Video – 4K 30fps encoding and decoding with HEVC(H.265), H.264 and VP8, and decoding with VP9
- Process – 14nm FinFET Process
The Exynos 7885 is said to deliver up to 85% more single-core performance compared to its predecessor – Exynos 7880 – based on Cortex A53 cores clocked at up to 1.9 GHz.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|