Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 based devices such as Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ smartphones and Windows 10 Always-Connected Mobile PCs should start shipping in the next few weeks, and as usual with every new premium Qualcomm Snapdragon Mobile Platform, we get an Open-Q development from Intrynsyc.
Intrinsyc Open-Q 845 HDK is also equipped with 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB UFS2.1 Flash, a wireless module with 802.11ac/ad WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0, Gigabit Ethernet, USB interfaces, HDMI and DisplayPort video output, up to 3 cameras, and plenty more.
Intrinsyc Open-Q 845 HDK specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon SDA845 Octa-core 64-bit processor with 4x high-performance Kryo 385 cores up to 2.80 GHz, 4x low-power Kryo 385 cores up to 1.8 GHz, Qualcomm Adreno 630 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 Full, Vulkan, DX12, and Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP
- System Memory – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage – 128GB UFS2.1 Flash, micro SD 3.0 UHS-1 slot
- Display Interfaces
- HDMI 1.4 via DSI -> HDMI bridge on board
- DisplayPort over USB3.1 Type-C
- 2x 4-lane MIPI DSI connector for optional LCD panel accessory
- Video Capture to 4K Ultra HD at 60fps, 10-bit HDR
- Video Playback to 4K Ultra HD at 60fps, 10-bit HDR
- H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC)
- Audio – On-board Qualcomm audio codec, 1x US Standard CTIA Headset Jack, analog audio input and output expansion headers
- Camera Interfaces
- 3x 4-lane + 1x 2-lane MIPI CSI ports on one 120 pin connector
- Qualcomm Spectra 280 ISPs
- Qualcomm Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5Ghz 2×2 MIMO + Bluetooth 5.0, with on-board antennas
- WiGig60 802.11ad with on-board antenna
- NFC expansion header
- Location – GNSS daughter card with GPS, GLONASS, COMPASS, and Galileo, PCB antenna and SMA connector option
- USB – 2x USB2.0 Type-A host (on-board hub), 1x USB micro-B UART, 1x USB3.1 Type-C with DisplayPort video out
- Sensor expansion header with I2C, SPI, UART, GPIO
- 1x PCIe interface to either: mini PCIe socket or PCIe 1X slot (one at a time)
- Power Supply – 12V/3A input from wall adapter (included) or 3000mAh Li-Ion battery (included)
- Dimensions – 170mm x 170mm (Mini-ITX form-factor)
Cooling is taken care of with a heatsink on top of the processor, and a heat-spreader on the back of the board.
The company can provide two optional add-on boards with Open-Q 845 LCD Display Board (5.7″ 1440×2560 touchscreen display), and Open-Q 845 Camera Board with two rear-facing cameras, and one forward-facing camera.
This development kit is especially designed for OEMs and device makers that want to evaluate the platform, and/or jump-start premium mobile device or software development. The board only supports Android 8 Oreo for now.
Intrinsyc is taking pre-orders for $1079 for the kit, but the first “early release” unit orders are subject to approval. The LCD display is listed for $185, but will only be ship at the end of March, while the camera board is nowhere to be seen just yet, but for reference, the similar – but potentially not compatible – Open-Q 835 Camera board is selling for $250.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|